It seems that every year is the year for the “no makeup” look. This spring is no exception, and it’s not surprising because having beautiful skin has always been “in.” Here are some steps you can take to achieve that glowing, soft skin and the “no makeup” look.
- Start by priming the skin. Absence oil control primer is perfect for oily skin. It will give you that “glowing” appearance without making you look like you’ve got oil on your face. Apply the Absence Oil Control Primer using the foundation brush to oily areas. You’ve probably applied too much Absence if you can see it on your face. Less is more when using this product. Start by applying Smooth Affair Face Primer & Brightener with your fingertips if you have normal to dry skin.
- Apply Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer using a large amount of pea-sized moisturizer. I apply a small amount to my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin. Use your Hydration spray to spritz the Blending brush, and then use it to blend in your Dream Tint. You can skip step 5 if this coverage is sufficient for you. If you require more coverage, follow steps 3-4.
- Use this opportunity to cover any blemishes. Use a little Zap&Hide Blemish concealer for acne blemishes. Blend gently with your fingertip or Camouflage Brush. Circle/Delete concealer can be used to cover dark circles under the eyes. Click here for more concealer tips.
- Then, apply your chosen shade of Incredible Base Loose Powder Mineral. Amazing Base offers more coverage than Dream Tint but with a more luminescent look as opposed to PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation. You can also use the Powder Brush to apply your Amazing Base. After applying the powder, spritz with your favorite Hydration Spray.
- Apply Sunbeam quad bronzer on your forehead, beneath your cheeks, and along your jawline using the White fan brush. It would be best if you always considered the areas that are “kissed” by the sun when deciding how to apply bronzer. You can use Moonglow quad bronzer or Rose Dawn, depending on the shade you prefer or your skin tone.
- Use your fingertips to apply Comfort in Touch Highlighter on the top of the cheekbones and the bridge of the nose. It will give you a “glow” without too much color or shimmer.
- Use the doe-foot applicator to apply Eye Gloss on your entire lid. Blend with your ring finger.
- Use the doe-foot applicator to apply Champagne Silk eye gloss to your eyebrow bone. Blend with your ring finger.
- Use the White/Pink Highlighter Pencil (or the White Eye Pencil) to line the inner corner and bottom inner rim of your eye.
- Use PureLash Mascara Extender & Conditioner on your lashes. Then, apply Black Ice and Longest Mascara Thickening & Lengthening Mascara.
- Use your favorite shade of lip gloss. I used Tangerine PureGloss for the model.
Visit the Jane Iredale Makeover Room. Here is a link to the article. Download the free Looks or try them on yourself. Jane Iredale Search for Makeover Room on your iPad. jane iredale App Store!